The pandemic has changed the way we work. Before, we need some extra minutes for preparations, taking a bath, and having those extra times for emergencies in case we get stuck in the traffic. Now, all we need is to have some minutes to freshen up, get dressed, make some coffee, and we can now proceed to sit on the chair and do our works. There are now fewer interruptions that we have compared before. Certainly, working from home has a lot of perks. However, not all people experience this.
Whether you are one of them, or you need some extra boost of will to work everything in the office, what we will be sharing with you will help you have the best work/bed set-up you can ever have.
- Have a good lighting – having good lighting is essential for you to condition yourself into working. When you work in a slightly dimmed environment, this will reduce the amount of productivity you have. Also, one of the ways to do this is to have light paint on your walls. The painter and decorator in Norwich, UK provides this kind of service to you.
- Have the right chair – the kind of char where you sit on will have a great impact on how you do your work as well as on your health and comfort. It is essential to maintain the right posture in order to protect your back.
- Have an outward-facing desk – it is important that you back is fronting the bed in order to avoid the temptation of having a sweet slumber while you are in the working hours. Also, it is preferable to have your desk fronting a wall or more preferably, a window. An open window while working will give you some fresh air and great sight which can effectively boost up your productivity. You also need to have a good and comfortable desk so you can have some space where you can put all your papers and works.
- Separate some certain areas – although you will be having your workplace in your bedroom, it is still important to keep the distinction between a place where you need to be productive and a place where you can relax. There are a lot of things you can do to put some distinction between spaces in your room. Make sure that there is a space that divides your workspace and bed and also provides some distinctions like the color of the wall and the set-up.
- Put some decors – just because it is your bedroom does not mean that you would not put any effort into putting some good decors for your workplace. Opt for some chairs, tables, and some donors that are in contrast to your bedroom’s design and furniture.
There are several ways you can do in order to make sure that you would have more productivity while you work, and if you follow all the tips we have shared with you here then you are some steps ahead to become productive in your work from home.